ASHEVILLE, N.C. - Keith Jessee of Asbury University and Leah Haeuber of Asbury University are the Appalachian Athletic Conference Men's and Women's Swimming & Diving Swimmers of the Week, the league announced Monday.
This is the sixth edition of the weekly honors for the 2016 season. The next set of awards will be announced on Jan. 16.
AAC Men's Swimmer/Diver of the Week
Keith Jessee - Asbury - Soph. - Township, Ohio
- Won two individual events at the Centre Colonel Classic - the 400 IM and the 200 Breaststroke.
- Set a pool record for the 400 IM with a time of 4:16.17.
- Also qualified for nationals in the 200 IM and 200 Freestyle.
- Was a member of the 200 IM relay team, which set a meet record.
- This is his first weekly honor this season.
AAC Women's Swimmer/Diver of the Week
Leah Haeuber - Asbury - Jr. - McLeansboro, Ill.
- Won her specialty events at the Centre Colonel Classic - the 50 Freestyle and 100 Freestyle.
- Broke the meet record in the 50 Freestyle with a time of 25.26 seconds.
- Finished the 100 Freestyle in 55.51 seconds.
- This is her first weekly award this season.
|Swimming & Diving Swimmers of the Week|
|Date||Men's (School)||Women's (School)|
|Oct. 31||Ivar de Jong (Union)||Cassie Adams (Columbia)|
|Nov. 7||Grant Davies (Union)||Megan Monahan (Columbia)|
|Nov. 14||CJ Moritz (Asbury)||Claire Goodrum (Asbury)|
|Nov. 21||Clay Bisher (Asbury)||Cydney Donnelly (Columbia)|
|Dec. 5||Ivar de Jong (Union)||Lara Kaufman (Union)|
|Jan. 9||Keith Jessee (Asbury)||Leah Haeuber (Asbury)|