ASHEVILLE, N.C. - Keith Jessee of Asbury University and Leah Haeuber of Asbury University are the Appalachian Athletic Conference Men's and Women's Swimming & Diving Swimmers of the Week, the league announced Monday.
This is the seventh edition of the weekly honors for the 2016 season. The next set of awards will be announced on Jan. 23.
AAC Men's Swimmer/Diver of the Week
Keith Jessee - Asbury - Soph. - Township, Ohio
- Won two individual events at a dual meet vs. Cumberlands (Ky.) - the 1000 Freestyle and 200 IM.
- Posted a lifetime best in the 1000 Freestyle with a time of 10:12.18
- Recorded the win the 200 IM with a time of 2:00.58.
- This is his second weekly honor this season.
AAC Women's Swimmer/Diver of the Week
Leah Haeuber - Asbury - Jr. - McLeansboro, Ill.
- Won her specialty events in a meet vs. Cumberlands (Ky.) - the 50 Freestyle and 100 Freestyle.
- Broke the meet record in the 50 Freestyle with a time of 25.49 seconds.
- Finished the 100 Freestyle in 55.94 seconds.
- This is her second weekly award this season.
|Swimming & Diving Swimmers of the Week|
|Date||Men's (School)||Women's (School)|
|Oct. 31||Ivar de Jong (Union)||Cassie Adams (Columbia)|
|Nov. 7||Grant Davies (Union)||Megan Monahan (Columbia)|
|Nov. 14||CJ Moritz (Asbury)||Claire Goodrum (Asbury)|
|Nov. 21||Clay Bisher (Asbury)||Cydney Donnelly (Columbia)|
|Dec. 5||Ivar de Jong (Union)||Lara Kaufman (Union)|
|Jan. 9||Keith Jessee (Asbury)||Leah Haeuber (Asbury)|
|Jan. 16||Keith Jessee (Asbury)||Leah Haeuber (Asbury)|