ASHEVILLE, N.C. - Grant Sufferling of Reinhardt University and Luke Wyatt of University of the Cumberlands are the Appalachian Athletic Conference Men's Lacrosse Defensive and Offensive Players of the Week, the league announced Monday.
This is the fourth edition of the weekly honors for the 2017 season. The next set of awards will be announced on March 20.
AAC Defensive Player of the Week
Grant Sufferling - Reinhardt - Jr. - Kennesaw, Ga.
- Helped Reinhardt to a 1-1 record last week.
- Went 15-for-15 on faceoffs in a 17-1 win over Montreat.
- Won 83.4 percent of faceoffs on the week, going 25-of-30.
- Also had 14 ground balls on the week.
- This is second first weekly award this season.
AAC Offensive Player of the Week
Luke Wyatt - Cumberlands - Fr. - Springboro, Ohio
- Tallied 5 goals and 2 assists on the week.
- Fired 23 shots with 12 going on goal.
- Had 6 ground balls.
- This is his first weekly award this season.
|Men's Lacrosse Players of the Week|
|Date||Defensive (School)||Offensive (School)|
|Feb. 20||No award given||Bennett Jarrett (Reinhardt)|
|Feb. 27||Dakota Lambing (Cumberlands)||Cole Hennings (Reinhardt)|
|March 6||Grant Sufferling (Reinhardt)||Chase Parker (Point)|
|March 13||Grant Sufferling (Reinhardt)||Luke Wyatt (Cumberlands)|