ASHEVILLE, N.C. - Chad Burrows of Bryan College and Lake Burris of Bryan College are the Appalachian Athletic Conference Baseball Pitcher and Player of the Week, the league announced Monday.
This is the second edition of the weekly honors for the 2017 season. The next set of awards will be announced on March 20.
AAC Pitcher of the Week
Chad Burrows - Bryan - Sr. - Nassau, Bahamas.
- Pitched in 4 games, tossing 5 1/3 innings of shutout ball in relief as Bryan went 4-0 on the week.
- Recorded 1 win and 2 saves on the week.
- Threw 2 shutout innings to get the win in a 7-6 game versus No. 15 Lindsey Wilson (Ky.).
- Picked up 2 saves in the three-game series against Truett McConnell.
- Allowed 3 hits and 3 walks and had 6 strikeouts on the week.
- This is his first weekly honor this season.
AAC Player of the Week
Lake Burris - Bryan - Soph. - Chatsworth, Ga.
- Batted .313 with 3 home runs and 6 RBIs to help Bryan to a 4-0 record last week.
- Scored 4 runs on the week.
- 3 of his 5 hits were home runs as he posted a 0.875 slugging percentage.
- Also walked 1 time.
- This is his first weekly award this season.
|Baseball Players of the Week|
|Date||Pitcher (School)||Player (School)|
|March 6||Gregory Elder (Truett McConnell)||Wade Weinburger (Bryan)|
|March 13||Chad Burrows (Bryan)||Lake Burris (Bryan)|