ASHEVILLE, N.C. - Grant Sufferling of Reinhardt University and Cole Hennings of Reinhardt University are the Appalachian Athletic Conference Men's Lacrosse Defensive and Offensive Players of the Week, the league announced Monday.
This is the ninth edition of the weekly honors for the 2017 season. The next set of awards will be announced on April 24.
AAC Defensive Player of the Week
Grant Sufferling - Reinhardt - Sr. - Boca Raton, Fla.
- Helped St. Andrews win 36-3 as he won 30 face offs and collected 18 ground balls.
- Scored a goal.
- Won 81.1 percent of face offs.
- This is third weekly award this season.
AAC Offensive Player of the Week
Luke Wyatt - Cumberlands - Fr. - Springboro, Ohio
- Recorded an eight-point game with 7 goals and 1 assist.
- Scored 7 goals on 7 shots on goal.
- Helped Reinhardt set a NAIA record for goals in a game (36).
- Had 2 ground balls on the week.
- This is his second weekly award this season.
|Men's Lacrosse Players of the Week|
|Date||Defensive (School)||Offensive (School)|
|Feb. 20||No award given||Bennett Jarrett (Reinhardt)|
|Feb. 27||Dakota Lambing (Cumberlands)||Cole Hennings (Reinhardt)|
|March 6||Grant Sufferling (Reinhardt)||Chase Parker (Point)|
|March 13||Grant Sufferling (Reinhardt)||Luke Wyatt (Cumberlands)|
|March 20||Dakota Lambing (Cumberlands)||Luke Wyatt (Cumberlands)|
|March 27||Austin Ambrose (Reinhardt)||Bennett Jarrett (Reinhardt)|
|April 3||Dakota Lambing (Cumberlands)||Dalton Smith (Cumberlands)|
|April 10||Austin Ambrose (Reinhardt)||Luke Wyatt (Cumberlands)|
|April 17||Grant Sufferling (Reinhardt)||Cole Hennings (Reinhardt)|