ASHEVILLE, N.C. - Polly Holt of Bryan and Makena Giles of Bryan are the Appalachian Athletic Conference Women's Soccer Defensive and Offensive Players of the Week, the league announced Monday.
This is the fourth edition of the weekly honors for the 2017 season. The next set of awards will be announced on Sept. 25.
AAC Defensive Player of the Week
Polly Holt - Bryan - Sr. - Knoxville, Tenn.
- Plays defense for the Lady Lions.
- Helped Bryan set a program record for most goals in a single game and largest margin of victory in a 9-0 win over St. Andrews.
- Helped hold the opponents to only 2 goals on the week.
- Limited St. Andrews to only 3 shots on the day.
- This is her first weekly honor this season.
AAC Offensive Player of the Week
Makena Giles - Bryan - Fr. - Athens, Tenn.
- Had 6 goals and 2 assist on the week.
- Recorded a hat trick in both of Bryan's wins on the week.
- Had a hand in all 5 goals against Life (Ga.) with 3 goals and 2 assists.
- This is her first weekly award this season.
|Women's Soccer Players of the Week|
|Date||Defensive (School)||Offensive (School)|
|Aug. 28||McKenna Loges (Tennessee Wesleyan)||Nicole Broderick (Tennessee Wesleyan)|
|Sept. 4||Juliana Schardong (Union)||Heather Blaszak (Columbia)|
|Sept. 11||Sami Joy (Milligan)||Bekah Cundiff (Milligan)|
|Sept. 25||Polly Holt (Bryan)||Makena Giles (Bryan)|