ASHEVILLE, N.C. - Alexis Cesario of Columbia and Megan McCall of Truett McConnell are the Appalachian Athletic Conference Women's Soccer Defensive and Offensive Players of the Week, the league announced Monday.
This is the fifth edition of the weekly honors for the 2017 season. The next set of awards will be announced on Oct. 2.
AAC Defensive Player of the Week
Alexis Cesario - Columbia - Sr. - Tinley Park, Ill.
- Anchored the Columbia defense to shut out Brenau.
- Helped keep Bryan scoreless in the second half and overtime as Columbia won 3-2 in overtime.
- This is her first weekly honor this season.
AAC Offensive Player of the Week
Megan McCall - Truett McConnell - Jr. - Cumming, Ga.
- Had 4 goals and 2 assists on the week.
- Scored 3 goals and dished out 3 assists in a 9-0 win over Montreat.
- Netted a goal in a 3-0 win over Brenau.
- This is her first weekly award this season.
Previous Player of the Week award winners
Week 1 - MeKenna Loges, Tennessee Wesleyan (Defensive); Nicole Broderick, Tennessee Wesleyan (Offensive)
Week 2 - Juliana Schardong, Union (Defensive); Heather Blaszak, Columbia (Offensive)
Week 3 - Sami Joy, Milligan (Defensive); Bekah Cundiff, Milligan (Offensive)
Week 4 - Polly Holt, Bryan (Defensive); Makena Giles, Bryan (Offensive)
Week 5 - Alexis Cesario, Columbia (Defensive); Megan McCall, Truett McConnell (Offensive)