ASHEVILLE, N.C. - Eva Bower of Milligan and Katie Goodrich of Reinhardt are the Appalachian Athletic Conference Women's Soccer Defensive and Offensive Players of the Week, the league announced Monday.
This is the sixth edition of the weekly honors for the 2017 season. The next set of awards will be announced on Oct. 9.
AAC Defensive Player of the Week
Eva Bower - Milligan - Fr. - Charlotte, N.C.
- Posted 11 saves in picking up 1 win and 1 tie on the week.
- Recorded a career-high 11 saves in a 1-1, double-overtime tie with Tennessee Wesleyan.
- This is her first weekly honor this season.
AAC Offensive Player of the Week
Katie Goordrich - Reinhardt - Sr. - Cumming, Ga.
- Had 6 goals on the week.
- Scored 2 goals in a 6-0 win over Point.
- Netted 4 goals in an 11-0 win over Montreat.
- This is her first weekly award this season.
Previous Player of the Week award winners
Week 1 - MeKenna Loges, Tennessee Wesleyan (Defensive); Nicole Broderick, Tennessee Wesleyan (Offensive)
Week 2 - Juliana Schardong, Union (Defensive); Heather Blaszak, Columbia (Offensive)
Week 3 - Sami Joy, Milligan (Defensive); Bekah Cundiff, Milligan (Offensive)
Week 4 - Polly Holt, Bryan (Defensive); Makena Giles, Bryan (Offensive)
Week 5 - Alexis Cesario, Columbia (Defensive); Megan McCall, Truett McConnell (Offensive)
Week 6 - Eva Bower, Milligan (Defensive); Katie Goodrich, Reinhardt (Offensive)