ASHEVILLE, N.C. - Els van Hooijdonk of Tennessee Wesleyan and Emiley Saddler of Tennessee Wesleyan are the Appalachian Athletic Conference Women's Soccer Defensive and Offensive Players of the Week, the league announced Monday.
This is the seventh edition of the weekly honors for the 2017 season. The next set of awards will be announced on Oct. 16.
AAC Defensive Player of the Week
Els van Hooijdonk - Tennessee Wesleyan - Jr. - Little Mountain, Australia
- Marked the highest goal scorer in the AAC from Bryan and limited her and the Lady Lions to only 3 shots on goal.
- Led the Lady Bulldog defense in allowing only 1 shot on goal against St. Andrews.
- Tennessee Wesleyan went 2-0 last week, outscoring its opponents 8-1.
- This is her first weekly honor this season.
AAC Offensive Player of the Week
Emiley Saddler - Tennessee Wesleyan - Jr. - Chattanooga, Tenn.
- Had 2 goals on the week.
- Helped Tennessee Wesleyan to a 2-0 record last week.
- This is her first weekly award this season.
Previous Player of the Week award winners
Week 1 - MeKenna Loges, Tennessee Wesleyan (Defensive); Nicole Broderick, Tennessee Wesleyan (Offensive)
Week 2 - Juliana Schardong, Union (Defensive); Heather Blaszak, Columbia (Offensive)
Week 3 - Sami Joy, Milligan (Defensive); Bekah Cundiff, Milligan (Offensive)
Week 4 - Polly Holt, Bryan (Defensive); Makena Giles, Bryan (Offensive)
Week 5 - Alexis Cesario, Columbia (Defensive); Megan McCall, Truett McConnell (Offensive)
Week 6 - Eva Bower, Milligan (Defensive); Katie Goodrich, Reinhardt (Offensive)
Week 7 - Els van Hooijdonk, Tennessee Wesleyan (Defensive); Emiley Saddler, Tennessee Wesleyan (Offensive)